Are you a creative and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Art Director to join our ambitious and fun-loving team in Helsinki, Finland.
As an Art/Creative Director, you are responsible for the breakthrough artistic vision of our upcoming social MMO game, and will contribute to Dazzle Rocks’ success by helping grow the IP to a global game brand played by millions. You will drive the development of concept art, game & IP art style, and work closely with our artists and development team to realize the vision of the game. You lead the art team by example and give them well formed feedback and direction. By mentoring and coaching you’ll give more opportunities for the team to learn, develop and be at their best.
We have our own IP, expanding 3D world with characters, buildable elements, and living, procedural world environment. We value extensive experience from a similar role, modern-day design thinking and understanding the player experience and graphics as a whole. If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment, let’s connect!
- Manage the conception, creation and implementation of the aesthetic vision of a social MMO game
- Work on the key art assets, concepts, and 3D assets
- Collaborate with management team to plan and execute the project roadmap
- Mentor and encourage art team members to foster a proactive and positive work environment
- Ensure consistency in designs and content
- Serve as a liaison between the market growth and art team
- Anticipate problems that may arise during project and implement timely and effective solutions
- Give well formed feedback for the team to achieve the set visual target and technical performance
- Provide quality benchmarks and clear documentation for art assets both internally and for outsourcing
- Establish best practices and improve art pipelines in collaboration with the team
- Act as a role model for artists by constant improvement, emphasizing best practices, leading by example and supporting team growth
- 5+ years of games industry experience
- Previous art direction and/or creative lead experience on at least one published global mobile title and participation in the full development cycle
- Previous experience from art production (2D/3D) in the games industry
- Passion and interest for highly stylized and charming mobile-friendly art style
- Understanding of mobile games, latest visual/art styles & techniques, production methods, and art pipelines
- Working knowledge of 2D packages such as Adobe Creative Suite and 3D software such as Maya, Blender, 3D Max or similar
- Experience from working with Unity on art asset implementation and other art related pipelines
- Previous experience from leading teams
- Previous experience from coaching, mentoring & helping people grow in their role
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to give well formed and actionable feedback but have an open mind for other people’s opinions and ideas
- Excellent communication skills (both written an verbal) in English
- Passion for making and playing mobile games and awareness of current titles and industry trends
- Previous experience from collaborating with art outsourcing
- Passion towards storytelling, virtual worlds, and world-building
- International network and wide reference library of IPs
- Previous experience from recruiting and conducting job interviews for art talent
- Experience from working with outsourcing partners
What we offer
- Interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Newly renovated studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Healthcare at a private clinic
- Lunch benefit
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us! Send your application, portfolio and CV to email@example.com
About Dazzle Rocks
We are building an upcoming social MMO game for the mobile and beyond. We are taking the real-time gameplay, world-building, and shared persistent universe to a new level and will revolutionize the Sandbox MMO genre.
We are a growing international team with experience in building successful mobile games, distributed game server technology, and an ambitious and fun working culture. Our latest game is soon entering public beta and we are now looking for pioneering, start-up minded people to join us!