We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our team in Helsinki, Finland. You will have an opportunity to work on a visually and technically advanced and challenging mobile-first MMO game. As a technical artist you have a huge impact and drive the 3D capabilities and look of the constantly evolving, living game world.
You work closely with our artists and development team to realize the vision of the game. This role is for a detailed and technical, artistic person who can execute their ideas and support the team.
This newly created role will be responsible for enabling a breakthrough artistic vision of our upcoming MMO game, made for millions of people around the globe. It also includes crafting mobile-friendly shaders, character customization systems, and procedural environment.
We value traditional art skills upgraded to modern-day design thinking and understanding the player experience and graphics pipeline as a whole.
- Work on the shaders, textures and 3D art pipeline
- Manage asset import/export automation and high technical standards
- Define technical asset quality and performance benchmarks
- Make scalable solutions for expanding, procedural world generation
- Collaborate with the team to build tools for artists, designers and developers
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist / shader programmer
- At least one published 3D game where role was creating and defining technical art from the start to finishing the release
- Solid understanding of mobile platform rendering technology
- Strong skills of shader programming and optimizing asset performance
- Passion for free-to-play games and MMO’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Knowledge of 3D and game engine internals
- Extensive knowledge of rendering pipelines
- Experience from OS-level performance profiling on devices
About Dazzle Rocks
We are building an upcoming social MMO game for the mobile and beyond. We are taking the real-time gameplay, world-building, and shared persistent universe to a new level and will revolutionize the Sandbox MMO genre.
We are a growing international team with experience in building successful mobile games, distributed game server technology, and an ambitious and fun working culture. Our latest game is soon entering public beta and we are now looking for pioneering, start-up minded people to join us!