We are an agile team developing social MMO games for iOS and Android platforms. The game universe is based on our original IP called 7 Legends. It features adventurous and story-driven characters, exploring an open MMO world, and fun social elements to play with friends.
As a software engineer at Dazzle Rocks you will get to work with modern technology and enjoy the freedom in decision making, helping us build highly available backend systems. We are looking for someone with a broad technical knowledge and interest in highly scalable distributed systems, cloud operations and mobile games.
Our backend engineering team is responsible for building, operating and monitoring all services used by our games. We are also integrating a set of 3rd party services when there is a good fit. We work super close with the game team and make sure that game development is fast and fun for everyone involved - no matter if it comes to game designers, client developers or analysts.
- Collaborate with our game team, designers and engineers to make sure we deliver the best experience for our players
- Writing game services in Elixir
- Architecting efficient and creative solutions to scale our backend systems
- Working with with a modern tech stack build on AWS with Elixir, Java, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and more
- Creating tools for both developers and designers
- Deploying your own code
- Monitor, support and maintain the infrastructure
- Contribute and share knowledge in an inclusive manner
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience and understanding of CI-/CD-pipelines
- Linux/Unix experience
- Great communication skills
- Understanding of networking
- Self-motivation and the ability to take a high-level goal and deliver shippable code
- Experience with Erlang VM and OTP
- Experience with mobile game development
- Experience with web development
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative DevOps environment
- Database experience (Relational or NoSQL)
What we can offer
|Work with passionate and experienced colleagues|
|Opportunity to work in the global market|
|Cosy office in the center of Helsinki|
|Private healthcare plan|
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org in English.
Include a brief cover letter, CV and salary request.